Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

A smart, affordable investment

An education at the University of Nevada, Reno prepares you for personal and professional opportunities. Let us help you.


Visiting our office? Skip the line with QLess

Save time and avoid the line by using QLess. Use your phone or computer to get in line virtually, and we'll let you know when your appointment is ready. 

Join by text

Text "UNR"
(775) 204-0124

Download the mobile app

Apple Store logoGoogle Play Store Logo

Paying for college

There are several sources of financial aid to help students pay for their college education. This aid can come from the federal and state governments, the University, private sources and more. Learn more about financial aid options below.


Grants are a form of financial aid from the federal government you typically don't have to repay, such as the Pell Grant.


Scholarships are a form of financial aid you don't have to repay and come from multiple sources, including the University and private organizations.


Student loans come from the federal government and private sources and is money you borrow and have to repay with interest.


Federal Work-Study is a program that allows students to earn money by working part-time on-campus and in other settings.

Have questions? Need assistance?

Contact us at:

Phone: (775) 784-4666